Friday, September 9, 2011

Pizza Hunt

Few and far between are the “Pizza Haters”, but I do believe there are a select few of us in this world who are truly Pizza Lovers. I base this statement on my undying need to find Pizza wherever I go..in the world. For many of my years, I have had Pizza as a weekly staple in my life. I could rant on about why, but that is not the point of this blog.

Searching for good Pizza is though. The qualities of a good Pizza are simple: crust, sauce, cheese and toppings. For me, sauce is the most important, which seems to NOT be appreciated in most countries. Brazil…just give up and get Domino’s otherwise you are eating cheezy bread with mayonaise, ketchup, and mustard (it comes with the pizza). Spain…frozen Pizza was the way to go. There was enough sauce (decent at that), and you could personalize them in any way that you wished—three in a pack at Mercadona in Murcia. So now that I am in Perú I am at a loss. I have been to all the local Pizza places I could find, and nothing really satisfies my craving. It’s just all wrong. Pizza Hut (which is fine dining here in Perú) was the best I’ve had so far; real pepperoni I might add. This does not help me when I am in my sight and Pizza Hut is 12 hours away, and I am one of those not so down with chains kind of people. I could recommend a good place in Trujillo, but that is 15 hours away from me, so my Pizza woes may just continue on for the two years to come unless I find a solution.

I am working on finding a place here in Camaná, my prospects are limited though…there are two places. I am attempting to become a regular at one of these places (more because of their wine), so tha I can try and sway them into making Pizza the way it should be made…they way I like it.

Daily Dinámica: Find a great pizza recipe that you know and love and send it to Richard at rich.k.cochran@gmail.com or richard_k_cochran@yahoo.com or on Facebook. All you need is internet and e-mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment