Tuesday, August 30, 2011

And the Wheels on the Bus


So, despite my colleagues advicing me against this for my own sanity, I am starting a log of how many hours I am spending on buses. The most popular way to travel here in Perú, bus travel is not what you remember from high school field trips. First class gets “cama cama” where your seat leans all the way back into a bed, otherwise it’s a little bit better than an airplane seat. You do get blankets, pillows, a desent dinner and breakfast. I’ve enjoyed “Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief” the past few times. Most important of all though, is Bingo. Yes, you can win a free trip on some of these buses by playing bingo. Of course, the bathroom is for Urination Only, but luckily Imodium is given to us like Inka Cola by our doctors, so no worries on that 16 hour trip.

Hours Logged as of August 30, 2011: 84 hours

Daily Dinámica: Experiments in Sleeping

See how much you can try and sleep on the bus, all you need is a creative mind. My current theories:
1.)    Don’t sleep for 24 hours before
2.)    Drink heavily before getting on the bus (just kidding, that is NOT allowed)
3.)    Take sleeping pills
4.)    Ear plugs and Blind fold

No comments:

Post a Comment